Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top-Ten-Tuesday, Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly linkup hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week, The Broke and Bookish is asking everybody for their top-ten authors that we own the most books from.  This was an easy list to make, as all you have to do is count.  I was actually surprised by some of the books that I own the most of

1.  Louisa May Alcott-11

2.  L.M. Montgomery-14

3.  J.K. Rowling- 8

4.  Mary Stewart-13

5.  Georgette Heyer-14

6.  P.G. Wodehouse-7

7.  Jane Austen-7

8.  Shakespeare-All (or most) of his plays...does that count as books?  Anyway, that makes 36.

9.  Mark Twain-12

10.  Charles Dickens- 10

So that's my list!  After making this, I realize that most of the authors that I have lots of are authors of classics.  Huh!

4 comments:

  1. Love these authors, but for some reason I do not own so many books by them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shakespeare definitely counts! I totally forgot to put him on my list... cuz I own all of them, as well. :D I love Shakespeare! Great post. My TTT: http://escapingrealitybookreviews.wordpress.com/2014/07/29/ten-authors-i-own-the-most-books-from/

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    You're right that this topic made it easy to put a post together. I was also very surprised at my results. My own Tenner turned out very Romance heavy, although my Romance phase ended about five years ago! Perhaps it's a sign that I should curate my library properly instead of being such a packrat all the time? =P

    I didn't remember Shakespeare when putting my Tenner together, though, or he would have made the Top 5 easily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Jane Austen, also.

    Was surprised by how many I have of some authors.


    (not sure if my first post went through)

    ReplyDelete