Today I'm linking up with this fantastic blog to bring you the books that I got at my last trip to the library. I think this is a great way to promote libraries and I've gotten some great book ideas from it.
So here are the books that I checked out last time I was at the library.
1.The Egg and I is the first autobiography by the fantastic Mrs. Piggle Wiggle author. I laughed and laughed at this account of chicken farming in the Northwest Pacific.
2. A Room with a View is one of those classics that so many people miss out on reading in school. It's the story of a young girl who leaves proper England for Italy.
3. I picked up Life is Meals on a whim. It's a cooking calendar, with a one page treatise on such topics as ice cream, Alice Waters, and a poem to Brie (the cheese, that is).
4. A Red Herring Without Mustard is the third Flavia de Luce book. I just started it. It's very good!
5. I'm continuing my Neil Gaiman reading and thought I would check out this very famous title. I just recently watched the movie and liked it.
6. This Rough Magic is written by one of my favorite authors, Mary Stewart. It is the story of Lucy Waring, a minor actress who goes to Corfu to visit her sister and has a very exciting adventure.
7. South of Superior is a debut novel about a woman who returns to a little eccentric town on the upper peninsula of Michigan. She goes to take care of an old family friend, but along the way meets many interesting people and is changed forever.
8. A Company of Swans is by the very talented Eva Ibbotson. This is the story of a young girl who lives with her oppressive father and aunt. The only thing she likes is ballet. Defying her father and aunt, she goes with a ballet troupe to South America and falls in love with a British exile. Unfortunately, her father and fiance are following her.
9. Brighten the Corner Where You Are is a day in the life of a North Carolina school teacher. It has gotten a lot of critical acclaim, so I'm eager to read it!
And that concludes this week's library loot! I'm looking forward to repeating this every week.