(I'm sorry, guys. This has absolutely nothing to do with reading, but it was so cute I couldn't resist posting.)
After moving my sewing room around and getting a gorgeous new Bernina sewing machine for Christmas (thank you, family!), I was ready to start sewing. I finished up a pair of fabulous turquoise overalls that had been languishing around and looked around for a new project. My requirements were many: it had to fairly quick, it had to involve my lovely sewing machine somehow, and it had to be an item that was useful. And so, I found this project from a book on appliquéing and set to work, cooing happily because it was so daggone cute. I ended up not following the instructions at all, just cutting and appliquéing and then sewing up.
This is what the back looks like. I just sewed up the top of the hanger cover with black pearl cotton and did it in kind of uneven stitches. I like the slightly unfinished look it gives to the hangers.
I have two more up at the sewing machine.
I can't sell these because they were somebody else's idea, but if you know me, drop an obvious hint and I'll make one of these for your birthday.