Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday-Top Ten Books Read So Far

Top Ten Tuesday (yes, I realize it's Wednesday, but I did most of the writing for this yesterday) is hosted by the blog Broke and Bookish.  I actually discovered this cool thing from two other bloggers, Girl with Her Head in a Book and The Emerald City Book Review.  So, the topic this week is Top 10 Favorite Books Read So Far This Year.  Here goes (I'm only going to mention books that I've reviewed since I've started blogging in March, because I have absolutely no memory of what I read in February and January).

1.  The Flavia de Luce Series by Alan Bradley- This wins, hands down.

2.  Unpunished by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

3. A Wilder Rose by Susan Wittig Albert

4.  Please Don't Eat the Daisies by Jean Kerr

5.  Brighten the Corner Where You Are by Fred Chappell

6.  A Room With a View by E.M. Forster

7.  The Egg and I by Betty McDonald

8.  Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte

9.  The Emma Graham Series by Martha Grimes

10.  The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

I'm a fairly new blogger and reading through my old posts made me extremely satisfied.  I've read a lot of great books in just about 4 months!  I don't think that blogging changed how much I read, it's just that I have a record now.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Agnes Grey! I feel as though not enough people appreciate how wonderful Anne Bronte was.

    I know what you mean about it being nice to keep a record of your reading. I think it has changed a little of how I read - I think about my own responses to what I read more than I did before. It hasn't changed the kind of things I read though.

    Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In the post where I reviewed Agnes Grey, I mentioned how Anne Bronte is so often overlooked, but she's a really good writer.

      Delete
  2. I'm not blogging about a lot of the books I read, so I STILL forget about them. You're doing a great job keeping up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. But you know, I was thinking the other day, "Boy, I really have reading ADHD." I picked up yet another book that I had no plans to read while stuff on my library pile languishes. Oh well.

      Delete
  3. Do you think Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie would be appealing to men as well as women? I almost bought my dad a copy for Father's Day but chickened out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm…that's a great question! Well, the author's a man. I really wouldn't know because my dad is an adamant nonfiction reader. Seriously, I have never known him to pick up a work of fiction, which I find insane.

      Delete