Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Letter E

Claire of The Captive Reader told us all about a fun new meme that was being done on the blog Stuck in a Book.  All you do ask for a letter in the comments section and you are assigned one. Then, you have to come up with your favorite book, author, song, film, and object, all starting with that letter.  I got rather unlucky and ended up with E, so here goes:

Favorite Book:  Emma by Jane Austen
This is Emily Kimbrough

Favorite Author: Emily Kimbrough and Cornelia Otis Skinner-This one is a bit of a stretch, but these two friends wrote one of the worlds most hilarious memoirs about traveling in Europe as teenagers.


Favorite Song: El Matador by the Kingston Trio.  I am very fond of the Kingston Trio and I was so glad they had a song that starts with E!  Eavesdrop by the Civil Wars is another one.  With both these songs, it's more that I like the group than the individual song.

Favorite Movie: Enchanted made me laugh and it was a light watch, but, ultimately, Emma the movie won.

Favorite Object: This one drove me crazy.  I mean, it's not like there aren't objects that start with E-energy drinks, ethanol, earwax, eggs...but I don't like any of those things.  I decided to go with evergreen tea.  Yes, that is such a thing.  I forget where I found it, but we had a box of it and used it up very quickly.  That pine-y scent is delicious in tea.

9 comments:

  1. I also got an E in the same meme so particularly wanted to see your answers! Glad that we both like "Emma" (book and Gwyneth Paltrow film), and am also reassured that you too found it hard to find a loveable object beginning with E. I will be on the lookout for evergreen tea now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how hard E was. I mean it's a vowel and it's not like getting X (by the way, did anybody get X?). Loved your responses for the letter E!

      Delete
  2. I was actually hoping to get E so that I could choose Emma--glad you did! I also enjoy the Paltrow adaptation, though my current favorite is the Romola Garai version.

    I'm listening to your song now--I love music like this too :)

    Your Evergreen tea was inspired! Never heard of this--will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't heard of the Emma version with Romola Garai. Off to do a google search...

      Delete
  3. I got O -- it was easier than I expected. (Actually first I got Z, but Simon took pity on me.) I have other posts in the pipeline though so you'll remain in suspense before my choices are revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you got Z and I laughed and laughed. I'm surprised that O was easy! Can't wait to read your responses!

      Delete
    2. It was a good thing, because I could NOT think of anything for Z except Zorba the Greek. Watch out for my O list on July 8.

      Delete
  4. I can think of a few "E"s too, but this meme is harder than you think it will be! I got N, which took me a while to figure out :) ps - if you love smoky tea, I can recommend another kind of Evergreen Tea -- a project that I've just been working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That evergreen tea looks fantastic! I love Lapsang Souchong, so I'll have to get some of that tea!

      Delete